вторник

Finding Creativity - Not Exactly Free Coloring Pages Fairies and Dragons - I Need Music! (By Kathy Ostman-Magnusen)

I ask myself a lot after finishing a painting or sculpture, "How did I do that, was that me?"

Next I think to myself, "How can I get back to that creative, artistic space again?"

It feels so elusive sometimes. I try to designate communications of fantasy or some inner connection back to that space, that nebulous space. I set precedent communications to that world that seems so mystical and try to recover what I had when I was in that trance like mode of artistic splendor.

I find creativity because of the desire to know it, not by reading tarot cards or dancing with the devil. Hummm, well maybe just a little.
Smile.

How I get to that space? By 'rescuing' my day and restoring my own artistic splendor.

I look for music, sometimes music without lyrics, but more often music that has lyrics I can sing to. I DO sing! I sing and feel the mood of the singer, then make it my own. I let my spirit feel the freedom it longs to feel. I stop myself from following rules or creating new ones. Oh! Those pesty rules that say, bind up the whole process, make the right lines, add only proper colors... eew! Those rules only cause me to create renderings that might be acceptable to those conservative Kinkade fans, who of course do not consider them anything but bliss, but to me a place that feels stagnate.

Take out that emotional palette and fill it with every color possible. Be it abstract art, pop art, Free coloring pages fairies and dragons, goddess women, dear little pixies fairies, elves colouring pictures or elves in folklore and myths, mythical fairies fill my mind. Fantasy is as real as you decide it can be.

I try to write a lot about my daydreams and things of beauty that inspire me. How do I get to that creative, artistic space? It still escapes me fully, but the more I write about it, the more I sing and paint and sculpt and think and dream, it comes to me. I must have it lest I disappear.

I truly believe that we can rescue our own selves from a host of sadness by tapping into that creative space.

I think as an artist one must constantly designate communications of self preservation to those fields of longed for elusive spaces, lest they fall into deep depression.

ABOUT Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

I paint and sculpt female fantasy art and map faery tale adventures. I dream of beautiful women on canvas and art of exotic women.

I have illustrated for Hay House Inc.,"Women Who Do Too Much" CARDS taken from Anne Wilson Schaef's book. I also illustrated for Neil Davidson, who was considered for the Pulitzer Prize in feature writing, and several other publications. My paintings are collected worldwide.

Giclee canvas art work, greeting cards & posters are available for sale on my website:

http://www.kathysart.com
Sign up for my mailing list FREE ART GIFTS: Drawings of whimsical angel pictures, legends of mermaids & fairies in art. Tiny angels & mermaids for shrink art, or coloring pages. Also a "Letter From the Tooth Fairy". Ya just never know when you might need one!

Check out my Squidoo about creativity: Unlock Creativity|Critical Thinking Creative Writing Active Reading=Great Art
http://www.squidoo.com/createart/

Комментариев нет: